Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Malala opens Europe’s biggest library in UK


Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani schoolgirl shot in the head in a failed assassination attempt by the Taliban, on Tuesday inaugurated Europe’s biggest public library in Birmingham.
“This city is the beating heart of England. Birmingham is very special for me, because it was here I found myself alive seven days after I was shot,” Malala said at the launch of the new 189-million pound Library of Birmingham.
“This event proves this city loves me and I love it too,” she said.
Malala also unveiled a commemorative plaque during the ceremony and received her membership card for the archive.
“A fusion of the digital and the traditional is absolutely essential to the vision of the library we have,” library director Brian Gambles said.

No comments:

Post a Comment